Businesses these days take advantage of sending e-mails to generate leads, follow-up with prospects and sales – but often, we may hear others include direct mail in their strategy. What is it and should you also include this?
Unlike electronic e-mails, direct mail is the form of sending letters, promotional and marketing materials, even postcards as part of their marketing strategy. This may include sending thank you letters to your past and loyal customers or sending some materials to engage a prospect.
Advantages of Direct Mailing
– Your chances of getting a positive response are higher if your mail is well-written, and is targeted to the right audience.
– If you’re sending mail to a larger group, bulk mailing costs cheaper as compared to sending regular emails.
Disadvantages of Direct Mailing
– Home, business owners and consumers in general “typically” throw away direct mail.
– As compared to sending e-mails, this method is a little bit costly, especially if your campaign doesn’t give you good results.
So, is direct mail for your business? While the fact that some companies have generated sales through this method, some factors need to be taken into consideration. List of elements/examples where direct mail can be effective may include but are not limited to:
– Sending potential prospects/customers your product catalog. Let people out there know what you have to offer. You may also want to include a voucher they can use if they want to purchase.
– If you’re sending out special offers or discounts, direct mail might work fine for you – given the fact that the location your business is in the location that you’re targeting.
– People love receiving samples, and if budget is not a hindrance, this can be an excellent way to get your product out to your market, especially if it’s a great one.
– If you’re a new business, direct mail can help spread the news and let people be introduced to you.
With the proper understanding and implementation, sending a direct mail can significantly help business like healthcare mailing list, big or small. Understand your market, set goals and learn how you can utilize this strategy to reach out to your audience. Understand what they want, what their needs are and take it from there.